Following 10 years spent in Dubai and Eastern Europe as a Director of Cost and Project Managers for Davis Langdon (now AECOM), Peter decided in August 2009 to establish his own claims and dispute resolution practice under the name of peter evans partnership.
Peter's vast experience of the Middle East construction industry is gleaned from a 40-year career spent living and working in the UAE, Lebanon, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and Egypt.
Before taking up his role with Davis Langdon, Peter was Principal of UK-based Quantity Surveyors Evans Watson (1990-1999) and a Director for London property developers Rossmore Ltd (1986-1990).
From 1978 to 1986 Peter lived in Saudi Arabia where he ran his own practice of Quantity Surveyors, Evans Associates, which provided services on behalf of major contractors in tender preparation, risk analysis, and contract administration. Until 1978, Peter worked with international Quantity Surveyors DG Jones & Partners, based in Beirut and operating throughout the Middle East. He established the company offices in Muscat, Riyadh and London.
+ AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Experience as a client, consultant, and contractor
- Director-level involvement in contractual management of mega-projects
- Pre-contract cost planning, estimating, and value engineering
- Master planning and infrastructure budget formulation and control
- Development project feasibility studies and risk assessments
- Consulting for banking institutions on project viability and documentation
- Lenders supervision for international bank-financed projects
- Site audits for large-scale industrial sites, facilitating key corporate investment decisions
- Construction procurement processes from developing contract strategies through to contract close-out
- Preparation, production, and management of Tender documents
- Post-Tender adjudication and negotiation through to contract awards
- Post-contract financial and commercial management and administration
- Preparation, review, and evaluation of contract claims
- Planning and management of negotiation and settlement strategies
- Formulation of defence and counter-claims
- Preparation of construction tenders and formulation of contracting strategies
+ QUALIFICATIONS AND ASSOCIATIONS
- Fellow of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Committee member of the Society of Construction Law Dubai
- Committee member of the Lighthouse Club - Dubai