Lee Simões’ Middle East experience includes providing Expert Witness, Contract Advice, Claims, Arbitration, Cost Consultancy, and Project Management services. He has assisted high-level clients including governments, developers, contractors, and sub-contractors with advice covering evaluation of quantum for delay and disruption, claims preparation, disputed variations, and contract-administration matters, and he has been extensively involved in arbitration and litigation proceedings. He has also provided Cost Management and Quantity Surveying services for a wide range of project types and values.
Lee has worked in most GCC countries on government and private-sector projects with a value of up to $3 billion, including dredging/land reclamation, infrastructure roads and networks, residential, offices, hotels, retail malls, sports stadia, airport engineering, hospitals, education, and conference centres.
He has considerable experience in most FIDIC and JCT-based contracts and forms, including EPC/Design & Build, Target Cost, and Management contracts, as well as complex bespoke forms, in a variety of jurisdictions.
Prior to joining peter evans partnership as a Director in 2013, Lee held the following positions in the UAE: Director of global practice Navigant Consulting; Managing Director of Blair Anderson Construction Consultants; and Senior Quantity Surveyor with Currie and Brown. In the early stages of his career, Lee gained valuable experience in the UK with Faithful & Gould (now WS Atkins), Nigel Rose and Partners, and McBains Cooper.
+ AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Arbitration consultancy
- Expert entitlement and quantum reporting
- Claims evaluation and risk analysis
- Claims analysis and preparation
- Procurement strategy, contract and commercial management
- Contract reviews and drafting
- Final Account settlement and negotiation
- Project Technical Audit
+ QUALIFICATIONS AND ASSOCIATIONS
- BSc (Hons) Quantity Surveying
- LLM (Distinction) Construction Law and Arbitration
- Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Member of the Society of Construction Law – Dubai